Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

What size are you?

Has anyone seen this photo before? In this picture, all 5 ladies weigh 154 pounds(70kg). But look how they are different in height, in size. It told me one clear message: Accept yourself for who you are. 


I saw this tweet recently, this photo attached with a caption "PERFECT BODY".




 Just asking but....WHO decided that this body was the "perfect" body? WHO decided that one has to have abs and well defined arms and wear a size 0/1/2/3/whatever small size there is? I would really, REALLY like to know WHO was the one who started all the bullshit about sizes and skinny being the best and what sexy and blah blah nonsense.Look at what 'beautiful' was in the 50s:





In our current society, people may look at her and think 'bulgy', 'no thigh gap', 'flabby arms', 'no abs', 'protruding stomach' 

But look at her. She's a beauty. 

 
LOL-ed pretty hard at this picture. It's so true. Models these days....errrr. I'm pretty sure they have some boob implants in them. I'm not trying to insult any models out there now, but I think majority in this industry now have this mindset: The skinnier, the better. Yes, many may say we've 'developed', 'modernized'. But look at that model in the 2012 column. Do you really think she's 'sexy' or 'beautiful'? No offense(and no, I don't know who that model is) but the straightforward answer is NO. I don't find her pretty at all. She looks to thin, looking at her don that bikini is quite disturbing. 

But its reality that right now, its hard to have a larger sized body without being 'stamped' at first glance as 'chubby', 'bulgy', 'big', probably even 'fat'. Its sad that girls, ladies; don't dare to be at this size now as they don't want to be named as such. For someone like me, who has bigger bones, a bigger build, who won't be able to look like a skinny model, it can easily be discouraging. That's when the thinking comes in: "I wish I could be skinnier." "I wish I could look like that girl(who is skinnier and 'prettier')" 

Jennifer Lawrence is my role model FOR LIFE. She is really the woman who reassures me when I'm down, hearing/reading what she says make me think 'why can't the entire world be like her'.


I think she's gorgeous. 
It doesn't only apply to actresses, looking like birds. Isn't it true? Are you happy when you diet? You claim you may FEEL better, because you look skinnier, you feel skinnier. But are you really happier? I can agree with making lifestyle changes, having a healthier lifestyle, blah blah. But don't give me the bullshit that eliminating a specific food group from your diet(okay other than vegans or whatever) is truly gonna make you happy, gonna make you a better person? "Oh, I don't eat rice anymore." For what?? Are you trying to save land/plantations to grow crops? "I only eat whole foods." wow, you are really rich huh. "I don't eat pre-packaged food" Goodness, do you live on a farm? I agree with JL completely. I'm miserable when I'm dieting. I don't like the way I look? That's probably because of ED. 

I laugh when I remember how this whole partaye started. Wanting to "eat clean", "paleo", even "vegetarian". My friends and I were talking about eating clean and I laughed pretty hard at that. I still eat clean guys. Yup, I definitely don't eat food that has been dropped in poop, has mould growing on it, spoiled way past its expiry date, been in the dustbin, etc. YAY TO ME FOR EATING CLEAN. I'm not mocking clean eaters seriously. I admire those serious ones who have the tenacity to keep it up. Those who really can have a balanced diet while eating 'clean', kudos to you. 

It'll be a lie if I said I didn't find Miranda Kerr pretty. But that's just her face, honestly. I like her eyes haha.The rest is just like....errr. Her body is just like any other Hollywood model, VS model at that. Many many people admire her, use her as an inspiration. But I'm just sick of this being the standard for girls now. I'm sick of thinking that I have to lose weight to please society. I'm very sure I've said the same thing before.


 The only quote I've seen from her that I actually agree with. Your mindset can change your life. How are you going to look at your life? How can people love you, if you don't love yourself first? What does telling yourself "I hate myself" do? You're just increasing your own self hate! 

So, what size are you? IT DOESN'T MATTER. No matter what size you are, you're perfect in your own way. The next time you think "I should lose some weight, I'm getting pudgy." Ask yourself: do you want to lose weight because you're scared of what people think of you, or is it because you really want to for your own health(in the sense that you're overweight and scared of all those health problems etc). If you're losing weight for others, ask youself: will you really be happier that way? While I don't see anything wrong with detoxing, maybe eating healthy for a couple days, or maybe just eating healthier in general, do it with the right motive. Don't start eating clean because you 'want to lose weight'. Its not a healthy mindset to go about losing weight. Don't do exercise thinking "I'm gonna burn xxx calories, so I can lose weight." 

I'll be lying if I said I'm truly okay. Thoughts still come and go, I feel my motivation when doing sports is wrong. I still have my fears of food and ingredients, I still can't look at calorie counts without it bothering me and causing me to have a headache choosing. I wonder if I'll ever be completely okay? But losing weight is really the last thing on my mind right now. Have long learnt that there's more to life than that (: 

Going to start JC soon, and I'm a little worried. Worried if I'll be able to fit in, worried what I'll look like to others, worrying if I'll gain weight. See, wrong thoughts there. Not something I should be worried about right? Excited yet anxious at the same time, I actually can't wait to start (: Its like starting a new lease of life haha, finally being free from being in an overly competitive environment, where size was everything, results were everything. Hoping that this will give me a new chance to make things even better (:




1 comment:

  1. this might be a little late, but i've been following your blog for awhile. you are an amazing person. your strength, your wisdom. really and truly an inspiration to others.

    ReplyDelete