Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

New month, new start

JUNE, ITS A NEW START

And just like that, almost half a year has passed. I remember myself last year, anxiously waiting for the 29th of May. When I could eat anything I wanted, when cakes and fast food were my delicacies, when nothing had a 'no eating' stamp placed on it. How time has flown. How things have changed. 

After quite a few slices of cake, birthday dinners and goodies, I'll sum it up to say my birthday went amazing. Although I turned 16 on a weekday, being surrounded by friends was more than enough. And at night, my mum came to school and surprised me with a haul from Thailand- Rambutans, Mangosteens and Lychees, my seasonal tropical fruits that I'd been craving. Being a year older though, doesn't make me feel any wiser. Being 16, makes me feel an obligation to start afresh. 

Tomorrow's 1st June. I have to gain 2kg by 30th June. A couple days back, my mind started getting excited about the holidays. But it wasn't in a positive way. It went along the lines of "i'll get to workout every morning" "after that I'll have a small breakfast...maybe have sone fruits for lunch?" "I'll get to eat tons of nuts everyday and it'll be like overeating" 

Then I realized what I was doing. Going backwards. After months of progress, was this holidays just going to be a repeat of my December 2012 one, where I lost 3kg, exercised till failure and basically let ed rule over me? 

NO. 

I do not want that. This holiday, I'm going to try out tons of new recipes, go to lots of new restaurants and cafes, meet new friends, eat whatever I feel like, live like a normal person. I'm going to enjoy this holiday. From chocolate pancakes to peanut butter cookies to overnight oats to a home-cooked mediterranean meal with my family, there is an abundance of new foods that I'll get to try. No more sucky school food, so how can I let go of this chance to enjoy all the foods that I've wanted for so long? Pasta, cake, ice cream, dim sum, the list stretches on. 

My O Level Mother Tongue Paper is on Monday and let's just say I'm scared shitless about it. But right now, I'm planning to try out making overnight oats in a jar for Monday morning's breakfast- a wholesome, healthy, fuel-packed meal to keep myself awake and pumped for the exams. Currently scouting for all possibilities for making OOIAJ! If it doesn't happen on Monday, it's okay, I can always make it another day! But right now, despite my exam-clumped, busy schedule in the holidays, THIS WILL BE ONE I ENJOY.
Raisin Cream Cheese Bun from Barcook Bakery. WANT.
OOIAJ. WANT.












Black Sesame Paste Steamed Bun. WANT.
Wishing everyone happy holidays as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment